The Greenhouse Gas Protocol is the global standard to report value-chain wide environmental emissions, such as CO₂. It provides requirements and guidance to standardize environmental reporting – and to create transparency for businesses, industries, consumers, governance, and other stakeholders.
GHG-ready reporting: Categorization is key
Many of our clients already used the Ecochain Environmental Intelligence Platform to report according to the Greenhouse Gas Protocol. Now, we enable businesses to do this even faster: Thanks to our newest platform update, Scope 1, 2, and 3 emissions are now transparently categorized according to the guidelines of the GHG Protocol.
GHG Categories in Ecochain
Emissions are automatically ordered according to data entry in Ecochain. The following categories are available:
- Category 1 – Purchased goods and services
- Category 2 – Capital goods
- Category 4 – Upstream transportation and distribution
- Category 5 – Waste generated in operations
- Category 6 – Business travel
- Category 7 – Employee commuting
- Category 9 – Downstream transportation and distribution
- Category 10 – Processing of sold products
- Category 11 – Use of sold products
- Category 12 – End-of-life treatment of sold products
To learn more about GHG Reporting in Ecochain, please join our free webinar on January 20: