Ecochain is looking for one or more environmental specialists to strengthen the team.
The role of the environmental specialist team is a mission-critical one for Ecochain. The environmental specialist contributes to driving:
- Client experience– The team assures client value creation by means of support and services. Through our support our clients simply get more value from our technology. KPI: Net Promotor Score (‘social & relationship capital’)
- Innovation & knowledge – The team is the center of excellence when it comes down to domain knowledge. In this team we develop new concepts and innovations to feed our technology roadmap. We make sure that the market recognizes us as thought leader. KPI: # BD projects delivered (TBD) (‘intellectual capital’)
- Profitability – we create a positive cashflow with value adding consultancy for our clients. These services go hand-in-hand with the technology we deliver to create financial tailwind for the company. KPI: team productivity (%) & upsell (€) (‘financial capital)’
- Quality – we secure that our clients get top-notch quality in our services and our technology. KPI: # client issues due to database non-conformances (‘social & relationship capital’)
A day in the life of an environmental specialist with Ecochain
The environmental specialist has the following responsibilities:
- To execute client projects focused on the enablement of the Ecochain platform with (new) Ecochain clients at high-quality standards. This involves interacting with clients, planning, data management, presenting results to clients, and writing (standardized) consultancy reports. This also involves providing clients with valuable insights such as revealing their environmental hotspots and how they could improve these with practical and viable solutions.
- To manage client relationships and to evaluate continuous improvement potential for Ecochain.
- The specialist will be involved in upselling projects with existing clients. This involves writing quotations and doing sales conversations.
- To execute innovative consulting projects that deliver stunning new insights to Ecochain’s clients. The specialist will also help transfer the IP of such client engagement to Ecochain’s development roadmap to help anchor innovations in the Ecochain technology. Examples of such projects include:
- Projects related to science-based target setting
- Innovative measurement approaches to scope 3 quantification
- Measurement of innovative natural capital impacts
- Involvement in quality control procedures: e.g. analysis of customer satisfaction results, checking database updates, checking draft reports, checking Ecochain implementations, providing input for improvement of Ecochain software.
- Business development projects, quality initiatives and participation in external networks.
What we are looking for
The ideal environmental specialist has the following characteristics:
- Academic background: University Master’s degree in the field of environmental sciences or similar.
- Several years of experience in environmental consultancy and LCA. Practical and theoretical knowledge of Life cycle assessment and related concepts, including MKI, EN15804, ISO14040/44, and the various impact assessment standards (Recipe, CML, etc.). Familiarity with various available standards such as the GreenHouse Gas protocol, Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP), CO2 performance ladder
- Outspoken and proven analytical skills
- Eagerness to use the Ecochain software, and ability to explain and demonstrate the software to clients
- Proven Project management and consulting skills.
- Ability to manage long-term client relationships and the ability to translate complex client demand in compelling value propositions.
- Ability to work in a demanding and dynamic environment where time is scarce and quality is top-of-mind.
- Fluent in Dutch & English
- In possession of driving license B