Audio lifestyle brand Skullcandy’s employees & customer base are made up of passionate outdoor enthusiasts. They care about the health of our planet and it hurts them to see its current condition. An emotion that reflects in their way of doing business. Jessica Klodnicki has been a part of the sustainability shift at Skullcandy since the beginning. From measuring their products’ environmental impact to opening their minds to inspiring & creating a sustainable consumer electronics industry. And the results are impressive. Today Skullcandy has significantly improved many of its products’ environmental footprints- and changed its design guidelines for ALL future products. This is how.
In the episode:
- How measuring your products’ environmental footprint is crucial for positive change;
- The surprising design element with the BIGGEST environmental impact;
- How to collaborate on sustainability within different teams;
- Why the end of the battery war is essential to sustainable change in the consumer electronics industry;
- And why sustainable product design has to be integrated into the business strategy.
Don’t forget to connect with our host Hanni Larma on LinkedIn to keep up to date on the latest sustainability topics.
‘Speaking of Sustainability’ is a podcast where we speak to frontrunners, innovators, and experts on how they make their field more sustainable.
In our weekly episodes, we share the knowledge, tools, and tactics, that sustainable business leaders need to make an impact. Our topics range from climate science and environmental regulations to internal engagement on sustainability, environmental footprinting, and design.
Photo by: Russell Elloway