We spoke to Femke Lotgerink the sustainability manager of O My Bag, to find out her thoughts on the topic. With her sustainability expertise came a strong commitment to transparency. And a willingness to admit the sustainability actions that still require progress at O My Bag. Sustainability is a multifaceted topic. As Femke puts it, the Amsterdam-based bag company values the focus and direction their environmental data has given them, on their sustainability efforts.
In the episode:
- How measuring/sharing your product’s environmental footprint is crucial for positive change;
- You can’t do it all at once, but where do you start?
- How to collaborate with suppliers;
- How to use yours (and other’s) sustainability fails as learnings;
- And why sustainable product design has to be integrated into the business strategy.
And take a closer look at O My Bag’s sustainability journey via their website.
Don’t forget to connect with our host Hanni Larma on LinkedIn to keep up to date on the latest sustainability topics.
‘Speaking of Sustainability’ is a podcast where we speak to frontrunners, innovators and experts on how they make their field more sustainable.
In our weekly episodes, we share the knowledge, tools, and tactics, that sustainable business leaders need to make an impact. Our topics range from climate science and environmental regulations to internal engagement on sustainability, environmental footprinting, and design.