How Lightweight Containers turned sustainability into a business opportunity
Challenge: How to use sustainability as a business opportunity
Lightweight containers is the founder of the innovative KeyKeg and UniKeg system. Both circular systems reduce the environmental impact significantly. Question remains how much is being reduced. Reducing environmental impact remains an ongoing challenge that requires steering data and insight.
By breaking current patterns we can create opportunities to improve the world.
Solution: Lightweight & Circular
A KeyKeg easily meets the environmental criteria of the European Union. Every KeyKeg is made of 30% recycled material. The gripring and basecup are made of 100% recycled PP. The kegs are also lightweight and easy to stack, so the KeyKeg system saves valuable space during storage and transport. Ecochain helps Lightweight Containers to calculate the environmental footprint of their innovative circular kegs. The footprints help Lightweight to communicate their environmental achievements and helps them to claim their authority as a sustainable packaging manufacturer.
Our kegs are circular by design. Of the basic materials 81% can be reused for the production of new KeyKegs and UniKegs the other 19% is suitable for other applications.
Results: Measure, improve, communicate
Ecochain gave clear insights for Lightweight Containers into their product, process and company footprint. By performing a hotspot analysis improvement potentials in the production phase were identified. With the help of Ecochain, Lightweight Containers was able to further reduce their footprint and to start working effectively together with the suppliers to further reduce the environmental impact of a Keykeg and UniKeg. Ecochain proved to be very helpful in educating and convincing the markets of the superb sustainability performance of KeyKeg and UniKeg.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.